Is it possible to get plain Robitussin without prescription?

I want to get the robitussin plain with out all the other garbage they seem to be adding to meds that used to be for cough only Now I m told you can only get plain robitussin with perscription. I guess now I haveto go another day coughing sinceI can t get the plain Robitussin. This is what my M D has always had me use in the past. Do you have any suggestions?
Thu, 16 Jun 2016
Thanks for posting in HCM.
I understand your concern.
Robitussin contains 'Guaifenesin', which is an expectorant, and is used to reduce chest congestion caused by the common cold, infections, or allergies.
Robitussin is a brand name and registered trademark for both over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription cough and cold medicines. Its combination with codeine and quaifenesin, available as Robitussin-AC, is not an over-the-counter medication and is available only by prescription.
Hope the information provided would be helpful.
All the best.