Is it possible to cure pancreatic cancer ?

is pancreatic cancer curable
Sat, 14 Jan 2012
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Drug/Medication ,   ,  
Treatment/Therapy
Hi dear

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Pancreatic cancer can be treatable based on the type of cancer and on the choice of treatment.Ultimate treatment is surgical approach and chemotherapy.

.

General & Family Physician Dr. Tina Jacob Das's  Response
Hello there,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic. The main treatment so to say, for pancreatic cancer is surgery. And chemotherapy is more of an adjuvant one. The drug named 5-Fluorouracil,Gemcitabine and the newer one, epidermal growth factor receptor antagonist..erlotinib do play an important role.Now it all depends at which stage the cancer is. And those who cannot/ donot undergo surgery will get a palliative care, which includes pain relief, getting rid of jaundice etc.Hope this information finds you of need.Take care.