Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Is it possible to cure genotype sc disease in an 11 month old ?

Hi doctor am having a baby of 11month and she is genotype sc deases is it possible to cure
Asked On : Sat, 6 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  233
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query
I am sorry but sickle cell anemia has no cure, bone marrow transplant and also other nodes like splenectomy and steroids are good treatment options
Have a healthy living
Answered: Sat, 6 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
Sickle cell anemia has no widely cure.
in children initial treatment is important to stop pain,infection,organ damage and strokes.
Education to parents for disease and management will give great out come.
Now Blood and marrow cell transplant is done but have limited success.
New research is going on so let us hope for best to your baby.
ok and bye.
Answered: Sat, 6 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor