• question-icon

Is it possible to cure AML with bone marrow transplantation?

My brother law affected in AML. 2 chemotheraphy is finished. but platelete count not increased also count is low day by day. age 37. doctor said bone marrow transplantation but doctor said i am not sure to cure. it is possible to cure or not. FLT3 IS NEGATIVE.
Fri, 6 Jan 2012
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.Bone marrow transplantation is the ultimate treatment for this malignancy of blood but the fact is nobody can predict the outcome of treatment.In such situations only almighty can help.Good luck to your brother in law.May god bless him.Thanks.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,Vasuki,
Thanks for query,
Acute myeloid leucamia is a type of cancer affecting blood.
Only treatment is bone marrow transplantation.
If it gives result then there is complete cure.
No body can give guarantee but as there is no other alternative,one has to go for bone marrow transplantation.
Ok and bye.