Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Is it possible to correct uneven muscle situation that occurred due to chin up exercising ?

When I was 15 years old, I used to do chin up exercises but I did them wrongly and ended up building up the left side of my body. As a result, I think this uneven muscle structure seems to have manifested in form of scoliosis on my back. I also feel discomfort around my neck and back. The neck aspect is worse. Please is it possible to correct this uneven muscle situation if I apply the use of chin ups and with the help of a gym instructor?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Chin ups would not have changed the structure of your chest or spine. They would not have caused a scoliosis. You may have a scoliosis or a chest wall deformity accountable for your asymmetry. They are not caused by anything you have done to yourself but simply they way you were programmed to develop as you grew. I am assuming you are now an adult and so the asymmetry you are seeing is unlikely to change either spontaneously or by you exercising or body building.
Answered: Mon, 31 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor