Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Is it possible to correct inclined teeth without braces ?

Is it possible to correct inclined teeth without braces ?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Mar 2010
Answers:  6 Views:  640
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Dentist, Prosthodontics 's  Response
Ideally braces are the treatment of choice for correcting teeth positions, but newer types of treatment have also been in the market for a while called invisalign. These are trays which are used to correct positioning of teeth but they just like braces are a long term treatment modality which needs to be constantly checked by a dentist. further more not every case is a good case for invisalign, which your dentist will decide for you.
Apart from long term orthodontic treatment such as braces and invisalign, other options are treatments which can be done in a couple of days, such as laminates and crowns to reposition the teeth or close gaps. The drawback for them is that healthy teeth are cut for the placement of the restorations. Patients who do not want such long treatments such as braces can surely look in this direction. I would recommend you to further discuss your options with your dentist.
Answered: Wed, 8 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Manish Gupta's  Response
you can ask ur orthodontist regarding lingual braces or invisalign.
take care
Answered: Tue, 3 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

Whats your age??if it is a child then may be it is possible. But if you are grown up, then you wil need braces...

Answered: Wed, 3 Mar 2010
Dentist Dr. Jenkins sahayam P's  Response
it is now possible to correct your teeth without braces by special splints called invisalign which are expensive
Answered: Tue, 8 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi,inclined teeth can only be corrected with the help of an orthodontic appliance. Orthodontic appliances can be removable or fixed depending on the severity of malocclusion. Please consult your dentist. Invisible braces are also available these days. Take care!
Answered: Mon, 7 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. E. Bharathikannan's  Response
the treatment will be according to the severity of malallignment analysed by the dentist. if too much of trouble then opting for fixed appliance is best otherwise you can go for other options such as removeable appliances. take care.
Answered: Mon, 2 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor