Is it possible for your BP to be 255/117 ?

is it possible for your blood pressure to be 255/117 ?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
's  Response
Yes but it can indicate malignant hypertension which really needs urgent evaluation.

i am a 26 year old male, who suffers from panic disorder.... ive been taking my blood pressure at home using a home blood rpessure machine and my blood pressure is usually in the normal range.... However, last night i was at wal mart and took my blood pressure and it was 153/88... When i got home i took it and it was 128/75...... can white coat apprehension happen at places like wal mart??? and are home machines accurate? my pulse was 117 at wal mart.... at home it was 88

if a person is going to suffer from heart attack ,is it possible that the blood pressure will be normal? btw,the patient is 20y/o. the vital signs are: bp:120/80 rr:29 pr:110 temp:39.2C -the patient is irritable,restless -facial grimace - abdominal pain -excessive sweating *what do you think is the disease?i will really appreciate if someone could help me,because this is for our case defense.

My daughter had her yearly physical and her blood pressure was 138/88. She is 15 years old 5 4 and 117lbs. Her pulse was 110 bpm. Last year the same thing happened, her blood pressure was high, and her doctor sent her to a pediatric cardiologist and all tests came back normal. We have to have her school nurse repeat the blood pressure but my daughter is stressed out about it. Is it possible that anxiety is causing her blood pressure to shoot up like this?

Recent questions on  Hypertension

1.my dad age : 52 yrs old had a episode of fever and collapsed with low bp of 80\60 at that time his eyes rolled up is that a seizure ? 2.in investigations CT scan - a tiny calcified granuloma in occipital lobe was present what might be the diagnosis? 3.past history : he had chicken pox during 40 yrs following that he had fluctuating sugar levels sudden hypoglycaemia & fainting but now its normal , fluctuating BP 140/90 or sometimes its 130|90 , chromogranin b level is high & in query for phaeochromocytoma/neuroblastoma 4.occupational history : he also does farming what will be the diagnosis ? is it because of chronic borderline hypertension like stroke /infective like neurocysticercosis /because of some intracranial tumours ??

Hi I have pulmonary Hypertension with CHF enlarged spleen and problems with elevated liver enzymes. I also have intercranial hypertension. Wed I developed a headache which I get alot. Did not feel well on Thurs then on Friday I began getting really dizzy ( I feel like I just got off an amusment park ride) and developled pain in my left shoulder that goes down my arm. I am extremely tired only able to stay awake for about an hour before needing to lay down and sleep. I am debating on waiting it out to see my Dr. next week or the ER. What would you do if you were me?

Hi, my name is Kim. My Mother who is 75 has high blood pressure and has to be on blood thinners the rest of her life, and she also has a twisted bowel. What can she eat?!!! Please any help would be appreciated, all her Doctor's tell her is eat what you want.

Had tubes tied 2 years ago and have normal periods.started period on time this month but its lighter than normal and been having pelvic pain on lower left side and shoulder pain on right side.I do get dizzy but I also have high blood pressure and im currently on medication for it so im use to dizziness.im now getting a bad headache and dont kno if it is because of pelvic pain.should I go to the doctor or ER ?

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...