Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Is it possible for one in early twenties to increase his height ?

Hello i have some queries regarding height increase? Can you please tell me that is it possible for me to increase my height from 5 2 to 5 5 at present my age is 26 . I am waiting for your reply.
Asked On : Fri, 24 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Adittya,

On an average , boys attain their maximum height by 18 yrs. Chance of an increase in height is less after this period. However ,you could maybe add an extra inch by maintaining a good posture. Dont slouch. Make a conscious effort on that part. Do stretching exercises. You could try using height enhancing shoes . Dont keep your hair too short , grow it a little long. Choose shirts or T-shirts with vertical stripes(avoid horizontal stripes). Go for black and navy blue colours. All these measures will help you look taller than you actually are. Walk with confidence and you will automatically look taller. Love yourself just the way you are. Eat a well balanced meal, Get good sleep and have a daily exercise routine. Hope this helps. Have a great day .
Answered: Fri, 24 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor