Is it possible for herniated discs to heal completely on their own?

4 years ago I was diagnosed with 4 cervical herniated discs. I went for another MRI this year to check up on my neck, and now I suddenly I have no herniated discs in my neck but am in much more constant pain than I was 4 years ago. Is it possible for herniated discs to heal completely on their own?
Tue, 12 Mar 2019

Usually, it is not the disc but the inflammatory process of spondylosis (osteophyte formation) that causes pain. with medicines, the inflammatory process is checked that leads to relief of pain. Osteophytes, as seen in MRI, are irreversible.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Nirmal Chander Gupta, Orthopaedic Surgeon