Is it ok to take regestron while trying to conceive?

hi doctor.my periods are regular but it starts with spotting and then after 2-3 days actual flow starts.my flow is normal for 2-3 days and then ends with spotting.my periods end in total 8-9 days (including the spotting days). we r trying to conceive since 4-5 months.we visited a doctor for general check up before conceiving and she has given me regestrone for 5 days and folic acid for 15 days.both to be taken once a day.is regestrone fine to be taken when i m trying to conceive and my periods are regular.
Tue, 11 May 2021

Rogestrone is used to regulate the menstrual bleeding-mostly in irregular bleeding or very heavy bleeding. Though chances of being pregnant,while on this tablet are less, still it is not used primarily as a contraceptive. Your doctor might have prescribed it to regulate your menstrual cycle, so that chances of conception becomes more during subsequent cycles.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Satnarain Bansal, General & Family Physician