Owl Image

Is it normal to throw up when your stressed out?

I dont know what this is. Ive been kinda stressed from school, and i started gagging and throwing up food that i ate like an hour ago?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
I don't know if I'd say it's normal but it is a side effect of not managing your stress well as the body is trying to find a way to cope with things that are going on. The best thing you can do is learn to cope with the stress the best you can. Here's a list of some ideas on how to do it I grabbed it from a site. Techniques of stress management There are several ways of coping with stress. Some techniques of time management may help a person to control stress. In the face of high demands, effective stress management involves learning to set limits and to say "No" to some demands that others make. The following techniques have been recently dubbed “Destressitizers” by The Journal of the Canadian Medical Association. A destressitizer is any process by which an individual can relieve stress. Techniques of stress management will vary according to the theoretical paradigm adhered to, but may include some of the following[6]: * Autogenic training * Cognitive therapy * Conflict resolution * Exercise * Getting a hobby * Meditation * Deep breathing * Nootropic * Relaxation techniques * Artistic Expression * Fractional relaxation * Progressive relaxation * Spa * Stress balls * Natural medicine * Clinically validated alternative treatments[7] * Time management * Listening to certain types of relaxing music,[8] particularly: o New Age music o Classical music Here's a few links where you can read more about stress management. http://www.mindtools.com/smpage.html http://stress.about.com/