Is it normal to notice bleeding during and after sexual activity?

Hi Doctor, I am a married lady. 32yrs age. I was doing legular intercourse with my husband. From past 6 months I didn t do any actives because m far from him. Ystrday he came to me and I did I did intercourse with him but I don t know suddenly Wat happened I got bleeding while doing the sex. I thought it s normal but after two hours again when we did the sex I got blood again. Kindly help me out for Wat resn I got the blood.. Thanks..
Wed, 21 Aug 2019

It is not always healthy to bleed after sexual intercourse. It commonly occurs due to Cervicitis.

Other factors causing it may be polyps, damaged vagina(bacterial vaginosis) or STI(chlamydia, gonorrhea, herpes).

You are suggested to visit a gynae & get physically examined. Get STD tests done.

Get Pap smear & USG (uterus) done. Your treatment will depend upon the pathology detected.

Your gynae will treat you with antibiotic/ antivirals or surgery if needed.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Nupur K, General & Family Physician