Is it normal to not hear heart beats at 8th week of pregnancy?

my name is jenny , from Lebanon ... i have one question regarding pregnancy issue it goes as follows:
The first day of my last normal period was on the 19/5/2011 and i missed the period up till now ( by calculation am 8 weeks pregnant now ) i did my pregnancy test at home o turned out to be pregnant though am not feeling any symptoms.. i went to my doctor he took an ultra sound picture which shows that there is a pregnancy BUT THERE IS NO HEART BEAT !! he advised that i should do some blood tests to make sure of the pregnancy hormone percentage in blood .i did the tests o blood tests show that pregnancy hormone is increasing !! i informed the doctor he said we have to wait another 10 days to make another ultrasound picture ... could u please advise what is my situation ? am pregnant or not ? taking into consideration that my tummy is not growing and i feel nothing and there are some spots of blood that comes down from time to time from my vagina ... please advise thank you
Mon, 27 Apr 2015