• question-icon

Is it normal to have back pain and stomach ache while losing breath constantly after a neck surgery?

I had a neck surgery, my specialist fused 3 verta. in my neck, and I have been suffering from dryness, choking horriblably, which I am losing all my air for at least 5 mins, just trying to get my air back, it causes all kinds of back pain and stomach aches...whats wrong? What is out there for me to help?
Sat, 4 Jan 2014
Hi there.
I think you might be suffering from a nerve root irritation or compression which might have happened at the time of surgery.
For this an immediate MRI needs to be done to find the site of compression.
You need to be kept on oxygen inhalation.
Stomach aches could be due to side effects of the medicines which are being given to you.
Good luck.