Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

174 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Is it normal to have 200 pus cells in urine ?

42 yrs ,female, having chills And fever from last six month,slight pain on the lower abdomen and having a report of usg whish is normal,but urine consist 200 pus cells?what it may be?
Thu, 29 Dec 2011
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear,this is suggestive of urine infection.You need to visit a gynecologist for examination and treatment as you are problem since 6 months.Please complete the course of medicines as advised and in some cases your partner also needs treatment so please talk to your doctor.bye.
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

  User's Response
Dr. Suman Waldiya's  Response
It is UTI-urinary tract infection.
You also need urine culture/sensitivity test.
Drinking lots of water will be helpful.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Sir my father went to urinate last night around 4 to 5 tymes. Normally he doesnt go so frequently. We had a urine test done and the count of puss cells is 200 - 250 /HPF. He is not sufferimg from any kind of disease till date except that he takes medicine for high bp. What could be the reason fot such a high count? Today he had a bit of shivering followed by 101 fever immediately after he went to urinate in the afternoon..Kindly suggest what needs to be done in detail to bring down the puss cells and cause of infection in urine?

doctor1 MD

My wife has developed urine infection for the last 15 days.I had shown doctor.Urine test had been done.Her urine test report shows Pus cells greater than 100/H.P.F,and R.B.C is 3-5/H.P.F.Other things are normal.Doctor has prescribed medicine like this-- CEFODOX 200 MG TAB twice a day EPIMAG POWDER twice a day SPASMOURGENIN DRAGEES three times a day All the above medicines have been given for 5 days.Today she had fever of 103 degree F.I had given one Crocin tablet.Now the temperature is 99 degree F.Her urine now is normal and of clear colour.But she is very weak and not taking much food.I had given her urine for culture.Tomorrow I will collect the report.Can you please tell me what I should do now and whether the medicine is being correctly given.Ultrasound has been done and her right kidney is having a very small crystal type stone.Her left kidney had been removed nine years back because of a tumour.Please give some advice. P K MITRA

doctor1 MD

my mother age 64, her toilet is not in control ,she toilet in the way of toilet ,in night the problem occur mostly ,in day some times , i done her ultrasound and urine test ultrasound is normal kidney sige -L 98*43.R 90*40 Urine----- color-pale yellow sediments-absent Specific Gravity-QNS Reaction -acidic Albumin-Absent Sugar-absent Epithelial cells-3-4 sc/hpf RBC-Absent Pus Cells-1-2/phf crystals-Absent Casts-Absent