Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Is it normal to get sensitive stomach on the first day of periods?

Hi, I was just wondering if you knew if it was normal to get a sensitive stomach on the first day of your period. It comes with my period pain which then subsides after the first 24 hours. Also, a tiny bit of yellowish pus-like discharge on the end of my tampon has concerned me. No other signs of irregularity and I m not sure there hasn t been the discharge before. I have had a heavier period this month if that is related to any of this. Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic

Hi.., Ben.. The above signs and symptoms are normal during the menses...
The condition is called spasmodic menorrhagia.. pain during menses...
you need not worry... you need to take rest.. no medication is necessary..
Answered: Thu, 20 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor