Is it normal to feel pulsation sensation in neck and ears?

during my hiking when I get on some steep areas I notice that I can feel my heart beat in my neck and ears.... but as soon as it get less steep it tends to go away! Is this normal? I have no other symptoms or history of heart problems. resting HR is normally high 50s to mid 60s, work out or hike 3 to 5 times a week BP is normally between 125/70s to 140/ over 70s depending on the day. Blood sugar is always good and cholesterol is very low though my good cholesterol has always been on the low side.. Have had treadmill, event monitor, holter monitor, ultrasound and EKGs done in the last 10 years and no signs of problems.
Tue, 20 Oct 2015
Hi, i am of the opinion that you need not worry about this right now.
As the height increases the atmosphere pressure decreases, but not that of middle ear cavity.
This may result in transient mild hearing loss, and hearing of your heart beat.
having small sip of water, might be helpful, as this tends to open eustachian tube, and equate pressure in middle ear.
As said by you, all other tests are normal, you need not worry about this.
Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.