Is it normal to fall into labours artificially ?

hello doctor , i am 27 years female pregnant by 39 weeks, my doctor today did an internal check up and told my cervix is yet not open, my due date is 28 may,me hav high intense suprapubic pains, so she advised me to get admit and she will give artifical pains to deliver my baby, just want to know that is this safe....??????????
Wed, 25 Jan 2012
hi,
welcome to healthcaremagic forum
induction of labour is a common practice,it will not hurt your baby.since you already have pain your p/v finding may have changed now so get admitted,and trust your gyne ,hope that you soon return with your baby.