Is it normal to bleed with clots after delivery ?

I had a baby 7 weeks ago and I stopped bleeding a few weeks ago. Today I went to the bathroom and after I wiped I noticed that I started bleeding again and I also notice a clot that looked like pieces of chewed up meat I ate yesterday. Is this normal or is something wrong?
Thu, 19 Jan 2012
Hi;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Congrats for having baby.
If the bleeding you had is dark and clotted it can be collected blood coming out.But still it will be advisable to consult your treating doctor who delivered you.Consult her/him to get examined to rule out any problem.
Thanks
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Hello
Welcome to health care magic forum
post delivery delayed bleeding is known entity.It can be due to retained product of conception or infection.So get ultrasound abdomen to find the cause & consult gynec for further management if required
Wish you good health
Disclaimer