Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Is it normal for one side of the tongue to be enlarged and how can it be treated ?

hello my daughter who is almost two has some problems with her tongue, i took her to childrens hospital in boston when she started eating baby food cause i realized one side of her tongue was larger and longer than the other half, and it bruises on the end of it, the doc just looked at her for a sec and said she did not have a tumor in her tongue nor did she have a bump on the roof that would cause the bruising. now months later, i have seen the bump in her roof that is still causing the bruising and she can only stick her tonge out to one side, i just want to know if i should take her somewhere else for a second opinion? any info would be great and thank you
Asked On : Sun, 22 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  264
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
from your history it seems that probably your daughter has haemangiomatous hypertrophy of need to consult a dermatologist & a dermato-surgeon for further confirmation.
Answered: Sun, 22 May 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor