Owl Image

Is it normal for a 2 year old to salivate throughout the day ?

My son is about to complete 2 yes in july.he salivates a lot even wen he is awake?y is this so?he salivates almost throughout d day.is anything wrong M i eating tat is creating a problem for him?there is no serious problem with salivating?it won t be a hurdle in his overall development
Thu, 12 May 2011
hello Doc,
I have my son is 22 old months,he does not run as he should do in his age.....I mean he try to do so but fear is in mind tat he will stumble soon.what shud I do in order to make him run fast n as other kids do?please advice me?
Pediatrician, Pulmonology Dr. K. C. Pant's  Response
Hello Mrs Richa
Definitely he should not have so much salivation. May be his oro-dental hygien is not good .Get checked by a dental surgeon. Also keep watch on his developmental mile stones in some conditions child is having excess salivation.If mile stones are delayed consult paediatrician for further investigations.