Is it necessary to take penicillin, amiodarone and sotalol together for atrial fibrillation after having an ablation?

hi I am a 70 year old woman with atrial fibrillation. I am currently in need of year another cardioversion and have already had three others plus an ablation. I have had really bad side effects with amiodarone and now they want me to take sotalol which requires a three day hospital stay for dosage adjustment. I have just read that the only antibiotics a person on these rhythm drugs can take is penicillin. I am allergic to penicillin. I am afraid if I need an antibiotic for pneumonia or another infection I will be in serious trouble. It seems to me that many physicians don t think about drug interactions when handing out prescriptions.
Thu, 23 Jan 2014