Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Is it necessary to go for surgery in thickening of the spinal cord ?

hello sir,, my father age 56,,n he is suffering from spinal cord,,(thicking at L2/L3,L3/L4 & L4/L5) n my doctor say to surgery ,,,,so u plz tell me about it...
Asked On : Fri, 12 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  110
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
thanks for query

Surgery is not done for thickening for the nerve. I suggest you take a second opinion. would also like u to type out the exact MRI report

Have a healthy living
Answered: Fri, 12 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Does your father have any leg weakness, pain, difficulty walking. If yes then he definitely requires surgery. Let him not lift any heavy weights and no bending forwards also. He should have good posture at work and do back exercises as recommended by his Orthopaedician. If there is only pain he can get physiotherapy and medication.
Answered: Fri, 12 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor