Is it my heart problem or it is only due to emotion?

hey am 18 years old and i have a problem with my heart? well i had a lot of strong relationship with my girlfriends when i was in middle school ,but now they my ex and am single now ( YAY ) lolz anyways, when they broke up with me or when i broke up with them i always feel my heart pump hard? i felt a lot of pain so i wonder if that s how a heartbreaks feel?? then i aways break down and cry? i know guys gatta be tough and all , that shit really hurts though! the weird part is that am not in a relationship , and sometimes i get that pain in my chest and i feel my heart pumping hard and the reason why am saying that is because i can hear it pumping? but it hurs and am scared that my heart is just gana stop one of these days? i went to the doctor but idnt found nothing wrong with it? i need help or advice or something please and thank you!! i did went to the doc? he didn t found nothing wrong with it she said its healthy??? yeah two docs were helping me? i dnt know why dnt ask me?? lolz
Thu, 17 Dec 2009
's  Response
It sounds a lot like you are suffering from anxiety and panic attacks. Panic attacks can be very scary and almost always involve rapid beating of the heart. If your doctor found nothing wrong with your heart then trust the doc. and stop worrying about it failing. Yes heart breaks after break ups can felt physically in the heart but are never dangerous and will never really literally break the hearts of young people. But I do believe that in couples that have been together for decades, the death of one partner can lead to the other partner not wanting to live and then dieing of a "broken " heart