Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Is it my angina or a Heart attack ?

Im a 31 year old female with variant angina I've been having pain for the past 4 hours usually it stops after a few minutes now the pain is radiating to my jaw and back my intro is no longer working and I am sweating and am sick to my stomach I am starting to get dizzy and wonder if I should go to the hospital I worry about this because the last time I went in when I was having pain they told me I was to young to have a heart condition and wouldn't run any test I have had ekgs taken by my cardiologist when I lived in another state and they came back with irregular q waves would really appreciate some help thank you
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  485
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
If you have angina and it is not relieved by Nitroglycerin, it is called Unstable Angina. Myocardial infarction describes necrosis or death of myocardial cells. Atherosclerotic heart disease is the most common underlying cause of myocardial infarction. The appearance of pathological Q waves is the most characteristic ECG finding of transmural myocardial infarction of the left ventricle. A pathological Q wave is defined as an initial downward deflection of a duration of 40 msec or more in any lead except III and aVR. The Q wave appears when the infarcted muscle is electrically inert and the loss of forces normally generated by the infarcted area leaves unbalanced forces of variable magnitude in the opposite direction from the remote region, for example, an opposite wall. These forces can be represented by a vector directed away from the site of infarction and seen as a negative wave (Q wave) by electrodes overlying the infarcted region. However, it would be wise for you to go to call 911 immediately so you can be attended in the ER and appropriate tests (EKG, serum cardiac markers, heart catheterization & etc ) can be done to determine if you have either an Unstable Angina or heart attack (Myocardial Infarction). American Heart Association states that you should be seen immediately (within 4 hrs after onset of chest pain) to save the cardiac muscle. Remember Time is muscle!
Answered: Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor