Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Is it good to get an indoor treatment for my sister-in-law suffering from Chronic schizophrenia ?

Dear Doctor My Sister in law is 50 Yrs old she is patient of Cronic shizopherania We Want Indoor Treatment for her Is this Possible to admit her in Punjab mental hospital because for treatment.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  86
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for your query. Inpatient treatment may be warranted in cases of schizophrenia with suicidal or homicidal intent or violent/aggressive behaviour or poor nutrition and hygiene. At times admission is required for proper assessment. Admission based on above criteria is at the discretion of the treating psychiatrist at the setting you mentioned. Family preferences are also generally taken into account for admission.
Dr Sundar
Answered: Wed, 27 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, if your sister has been suffering from shizophrenia then you should with doc at that hospital, she should be advised for hospitalization . hospitalization depends on sevirity of diease n condition of patients. so discuss it with psychiatrist of that hospital.
Answered: Thu, 4 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor