Is it fine to have an MRI scan with a stent in the breast?

Several years ago I had some sort of device inserted into my breast in order for it to mark a spot that was thought to be cancer, but wasn’t. Unrelated, I will need to have an MRI performed and I am concerned about this marker, stent, or whatever it was placed in my breast. Are my concerns valid? Is this marker a routine procedure?
Wed, 6 Jun 2018
Oncologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Nowadays, compatible softwares are available with which MRI can be done with a metal stent placed inside.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.