Is it fine to continue GODEX medication in a colon cancer patient?

Hi, can I answer your health question? Please type your question here...I am now on my fifth cycle of my chemo therapy for my colon cancer. I just had my radiation last year and had my operation Jan. this year in which I have a colo bag right now. A routine check for my blood is given every 2 weeks and just found out that my SGPT is high and my potassium is low I was given GODEX for my SGPT and potassium chloride as for medication the problem is that I m always feeling dizzy and having an irregular heartbeat and feeling weak for this matter. SHOULD I CONTINUE TAKING THE MEDICATION?
Mon, 2 Jul 2018
Hello and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The symptoms you are describing may come from the changes of the values of the electrolytes in your body. You should surely continue the medication, but also you should see your local doctor to check the values of potassium again and maybe you will need to regulate the dose of Godex. But again, I advise to not do the change of the dose of the medicine yourself, because you need to check the blood tests before you do that.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Kind regards,
Dr. Papaqako