Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Is it fine to change cylindrical number into spherical number ?

My son is 4 years old. after dilation he has cylinderical number +2.00. Dr. asked to convert his cylinderical number into spherical number. Is this fine? or should he wear cylinder glasses? Is there any treatment or exercise or diet plan or tonic to improve his vision?
Asked On : Sat, 30 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  281
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic portal
these are very specific powers and they should be followed with a lot of effort,other wise one can land up with amblyopia,which is a difficult situation to manage.we in our practice do not ever convert cyl to sph power.cylinders if required are to used religiously.improvement in general health is welcome but that does not improve vision.
Answered: Sun, 23 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ophthalmologist Dr. Manish Malhotra's  Response
Conversion of a cyl pwr to a sphere can be done , but inspite you convert a cyl to a sphere there will be a cyl pwr in the prescription it's only that the sign may be changed , there is no exercise , tonic or anything else that can improve the vision , it's only the correct spectacle power that helps
Answered: Sat, 30 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor