Is it displacement of Mirena IUD normal?

My mirena moved and I took an X-ray at work and it is upside down and my strings are gone. Sonogram was done and it says that it was normal and in position.... I took another X-ray and it's moved yet again and now it's sideways I've been told this is ok?!? Is this normal or should I get a second opinion
Fri, 31 Aug 2018

If the IUD misplaced, it has to be removed and reinserted. Misplaced IUD can cause unwanted complications like infection and even uterine rupture. Consult a gynaecologist and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Hi, If the IUD misplaced, it has to be removed and reinserted. Misplaced IUD can cause unwanted complications like infection and even uterine rupture. Consult a gynaecologist and get evaluated. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.