Is it common for a 90 year old to lose teeth and have bleeding in mouth ?

My 90 yr. old mother is losing her teeth. Her mouth was bleeding yesterday and we took her to the ER and she every once in a while sounds like she is chocking. The doctor said her gums were bleeding this is why blood was coming out of her mouth. The just gave me morphine for her pain. She has a DNR on her paper work so this is why they did not check to see if her tooth fell out. She is eating and drinking. Should I be concerned?
Mon, 15 Dec 2014