Is it bad if you can feel your heart beating in your throat ?

Is it bad if you can feel your heart beating in your throat? I mowed the grass today and it was reeeeeally hot, the hottest it s been all year. The grass also hasnt been mowed in 2 weeks so it was really long and the lawn mower was hard to push. By time I got to doing the backyard I was dieing. I got so tired and then my heart started beating really hard and I could feel it beating in my throat so I got scared and took a good break. Is it bad if it does that? Or does that just happen when you exersize alot?
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
's  Response
You're feeling your blood pulse through your carotid artery (the big one in your neck). It's normal for someone to feel their heartbeat in such a large artery when their pulse is high, especially if they're dehydrated.