• question-icon

Is it apt to take anxiety medication while suffering from pain in left side of chest?

Hi I am 25 and ive had psin on my left side of my chest for about a week now. The dr did sn ekg x rays snd blood test, everything came out good but i still have the pain. I feel like my heart is seollen since it feels like pressurethey gave me pills for anxiety but the pain doesnt go away
Tue, 31 Dec 2013
Hello

There is possibility of rib contusion due to pressure injury.

Rib contusion is not always visible on X ray .You may need to do MRI or HRCT
There is possibility of costochondritis leading to chest pain.
I will advise to consult to orthopaedic surgeon

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.