Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Is it alright to change tablets prescribed for cardiac problem in order to undergo knee sugery ?

so far I was taking BETACAP tr 80 but echo test could not be completed as such Dr.asked me to stop TR80 for 72 hrs and take AMTAS 5 .Is it ok i.e.will not give any problem as i had byepass surgery about 7 yrs back and was regular with this med,I require ECHO test advised by ortho doctor before carrying out revision TKR surgery on my left knee . to done by him.
Asked On : Wed, 2 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  152
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.There is no need to worry.Doctor must have advised this after looking in to your history and examining you.Please take echo done by cardiologist who can advise you on that also.This is a part of routine pre operative preparation.Please get in touch with your regular physician for this.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Mon, 8 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor