Is it advisable to stop eating grapefruit if taking Lipitor ?

Is it advisable to stop eating grapefruit if taking Lipitor?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Drug/Medication ,  
's  Response
YES THAT IS WHAT I WAS TOLD BY MY DOCTOR

I took Lipitor about a week ago and my arms and legs are hurting like a flu like ache. Pain is in in my legs and arms. I have seen my Dr. and since stopped taking it. But the pain is still present. I took blood test. my range was 300 on some reading for damaged tissue . what can I do for this now.

After 30 years, I quit smoking over 2 weeks ago. I also started taking lipitor and developed this Roseola looking rash on my face. My cardiologist thought it was the lipitor so I stopped about a week ago. Rash is still there. Could it be related to the not smoking? I have also changed my diet. Eatting more veggies... less protein. Eatting stuff like Kayle, flax, omega 3 rich products.

I have been taking Lipitor for approximately 10 years. I am having pain in my muscles, in my legs and arms to some degree. I take CO-Q-10 daily. I read recently that if you experience this issue you should stop taking the Lipitor for a few days to see if the pain goes away. Is there any issue in immediately stopping the use of Lipitor? Thank you.

Recent questions on  Lipitor

I HAD A HEART ATTACK ON THE 24TH OF MAY 2011 UPON ECG INVESTIGATION THEY FOUND T ABNORMALITIES SO THE CARDIOLOGIST SENT ME FOR CHEST X-RAY; PUT ME ON LIPITOR AND GAVE ME A 3WEEKS APPOINTMENT.

BUT I AM NOW HAVING IRREGULAR HEART BEAT EVEN WHEN AT REST, PAIN IN MY LEGS AND OCCASIONAL SHORTNESS OF BREATH. SHOULD I WORRIED OR CONTINUE MY MEDICATION AND WAIT FOR THE APPOINMENT OF 31ST JUNE 2011

Hi Dr Oana, I have had a stale blood (reddish brown) discharge for over ten years - both breasts. I am 47 years old, had cervical cancer at 31; current health issues: angina, coronary artery disease, fibromyalgia, high cholesterol not sufficiently controlled with medication (Lipitor for many years and now on Vytorin). I have just noticed the discharge (left breast) has changed to black from one duct, dark green from 3 others. The R breast is still a normal milky discharge. I have saw a specialist 1 year ago who did no tests but said to come back in 2 years. I have never had a biopsy or sample of the discharge examined - should I request my GP organise a needle biopsy (was sent to have one via ultrasound but they decided at the appointment not to do it for some reason. Kind regards, and thank your for assisting, Caroline Todd

My husband has been on Lipitor and Avalide to control his cholesterol and blood pressure. We have been trying to conceive for three years. His sperm analysis last year was pretty bad, with low counts and poor morphology. I keep hearing that it could be his medications that are causing the problem, but I can't find any information online. His physician refuses to consider the possibility. Can the problem lie with his blood pressure and/or cholesterol medicine? If so, are they any safe medicine that he can take while we are trying to conceive?

i TAKE WARFARIN FOR AN ARTIFICAL HEART VALVE I HAVE HAD FOR 20 YEARS. i AM WANTING TO TAKE A PILL THAT HAS POMEGRANATE, ACAI BERRY, GREEN TEA, GOJI BERRY AND RESVERATROL IN IT TO HELP LOSE WEIGHT. THE BERRIES HAVE HAVE AN ANTIOXADENT ORAC RATING OF 8687 THE HIGHEST O OF ANY FOOD AND 12.6 TIMES THE ANTIOXIDANT RATING OF ACAI BERRIES. IT IS CALLED mAQUI-6. IT IS JUST A BALANCE OF 1 PILL AT MEAL TIME AND I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO TRY IT. IT IS A SLOW WEIGHT LOSE PROGRAM WITH WALKING A NO MORE THAN 2 LBS A WEEK OR LESS. I KNOW ALOT OF THESE DON'T WORK OR ARE NOT GOOD FOR YOU BUT NEITHER IS 35 LBS OVER WEIGHT WITH HEART DISEASE. I HAVE TRIED WEIGHT WATCHERS AND LA WEIGHT LOSS. I AM AMOST 60 AND DO NOT HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. I TAKE 2 MG. COUNEDAN AND LIPITOR.. I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR IN PUT.

I have had a chronic sore throat wit he feeling of a lump in my pharynx for about twelve weeks. No cough , no taste of blood. I have had episodes of GERD on a sporadic basis. My voice is affected. I take Lipitor and lisinipril daily.

Hello, I am a 64 year old healthy male. For more then 25 years I have been taking statins for high cholesterol , lipitor and others however now I am using repatha injection once a month to keep my cholesterol low. Now over the course of these...

I am a healthy 79 year old male 5foot 10 190 pounds.i exercise daily and do moderate farm chores.beginning within a week after beginning Lipitor there has feen a nearly total loss of libido. Is there a connection?