Is it advisable to expose my child with cough and fever to desert?

I have a three year old son who was admitted to the hospital last week with a bad cough and fever. pre-pneumonia can not be ruled out at this time . The test for virus and bacteria both came back negative and they sent us home on antibiotics Sunday after checking in on Thursday. We have a trip planned to the desert to ride motorcycles and camp (RV) with the family this weekend. He seems to be back to his normal self now- should I be worried about exposing him to the desert?
Mon, 4 Nov 2019