Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Is it advisable for a person with muscle atrophy to join a gym ?

Hi! My Husband has Muscular Atrophy problem, We couldn t walk properly and had tight Muscles too. He is doing Chinese traditional therapy . He wants to Join in GYM .Will it be fine ?
Asked On : Sun, 26 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  190
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
hello,welcome to health care magic, you mentioned that your husband has muscular atrophy but you have not explained about the cause of atrophy.kindly explain in detail about your husband"s problem and current condition.
in his case good exercise programme will help in maintaing the muscle power and range of motion of joints.It will improve his walking too.
i would advise he should consult a good physiotherapist first.Later he can join a gym for the maintenance of muscle power and length..
Answered: Sun, 26 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor