Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Is it a problem to have a 11.6 mm thick endometrium and how can it be treated ?

I m 40 years of age. My report says that my endometrium is11.6mm thick. Is it a problem?
Asked On : Sat, 10 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  345
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello. Welcome to HCM:
At 40 years of age, an endometrial thickness of more than one 1 cms, needs a biopsy. If you are not menopausal, it can simply be the proliferative phase. If the climacteric phase (preceeding phase to menopause) has begun, wherein you may have irregular erratic cycles, it will be helpful to have a biopsy as it will rule out any abnormal uterine proliferation. Currently, there are hormonal medications for treating this. You can discuss with your gynecologist about these.
Take care.
Answered: Sat, 10 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor