Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Is it a matter of worry if the swelling around the legs and knee has transformed into a dent ?

im a 39 yr.old female for the last fews days my leg and knee has been swelling up .sometimes it burns around my knee but no pain but today on the outer part of my upper thigh i got like a big dent which seems to be where the swelling starts and works it way done should i be worried?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  95
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for posting your query.

Swelling of legs and knees is not a normal thing. It would be due to arthritis or as a part of infections like septic or tubercular.

It would be of concern and you need to be evaluated by proper investigations like X-ray of concerned joints, Blood tests for infection and for antibodies like rheumatoid.

You can initially try with Analgesics and adequate rest and hot compresses.

I suggest you to consult a orthopedician if there is no relief.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you good health.

Answered: Tue, 2 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor