Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Is it Polcystic ovary syndrome if the ovaries appear normal and without any cysts in the ultrasound scan ?

I had an ultrasound scan today but they said my ovaries are perfectly normal and have no cysts .. I have been told I have an F-G score of 17.. Is it possible to still have pcos without cysts?.. They did tell me at my first appointment I have classic signs of pcos. I still have normal regular periods ( every 25 days).. But they also said if the scan was to come back clear they would look at my kidneys and pituitary gland as I have high testosterone levels.. But could I still have pcos?
Asked On : Thu, 26 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
by definition u must have any 2 of the 3 for having pcos
- oligoovulation and/or anovulation
-excess androgen activity
-polycystic ovaries

u r not fit in these criteria so it is not ethical to say that u have pcos.
Answered: Fri, 27 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor