Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Is it OK to stop taking Tranexamic acid and start Dyhydrogesterone to stop bleeding ?

i already taken tranexamic acid to stop my bleeding but it isnt working now i want to stop eat it and start to take dydrogesterone tomorrow is it okay?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  218
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
hi welcome to HCM.trenaxamic acid is often prescribed for excessive bleeding. It is an antifibrinolytic that competitively inhibits the activation of plasminogen to plasmin, a molecule responsible for the degradation of fibrin. Fibrin is the basic framework for the formation of a blood clot in hemostasis. during menstruation it prevents fibrinolysis and the breakdown of blood clots so it decreases blood is having side effects like deep vein dont take it without the knowledge of your doctor.dydrogesterone is hormonal tablet so before taking that tab better take consult from your doctor.
Answered: Sun, 7 Aug 2011
  User's Response
hello welcome to hcm
tranexamic acid would stop bleeding irrespective from where it is coming from. it's action is on componenents of blood to stop bleeding.
so it does not have any major side effects.
whereas dydrogesterone is a hormonal tablet.
it should not be taken without knowledge of your doctor. its use should be based upon the cause of bleeding .so do consult your doctor .
hope this is helpful.
Answered: Sun, 7 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor