Is invasive ductal carcinoma being treated correctly?

My wife, aged 42 is diagnosed to have invasive ductal carcinoma. Mastectomy is over. Histopathology report says that the tumour size was of 5cm* 4.5cm*4cm and 2 out of 17 lymph nodes are positive. She is undergoing chemtherapy of 4 AC + 4 Taxol.

Is the protocol alright or a review is required by another oncologist ? How to minimise side effects including hair fall ?
Thu, 27 Aug 2015
Radiologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.

The cancer is a large one and therefore aggressive treatment is required after surgery. The number of lymphnodes which are cancerous is significant. The treatment she is getting is acceptable.

For the side effects she should try and have a calm mind. The hair fall might be slowed by wearing ice cap or cold cap during chemotherapy. This will help the hair to be strong at the roots and prevent shedding because of treatment. Please give her high protein diet. Please do not worry.