Is inflammation of the eyes a symptom of ocular rosacea?

I have rosacea and have used Metro lotion for many years to reduce facial redness and occasional skin outbreaks. I have had plugged tear ducts for years and plugged mebdomian (sp?) glands in the upper and lower lids of both eyes for years. About 6 months ago i went to an opthamologist complaining of inflamed itchy eyelids that felt gritty and produced a dry, irritating crust in the inner eye corners as well as red, watering eyesand often a running nose.. He said i had blepheritis and to use anti allergy eye drops. This took away redness abd itching for a couple of hours. But the condition has continued with no overall improvement. I was reading about rosacea recently and observed that i had the symptoms of ocular rosacea. I went to my Gp and she prescibed erythromycin eye cream. This made my eyes even worse, much redder and more inflamed. Now she has prescribed olopatidime which I see is an antihistimine. I am also using warm compress eyes pads twice a day and occusoft plus lid scrub. Obviously my doc doesnt believe I might have occular rosacea and the opthamologist did t seem concerned. How can I determine whether what I have is chronic allergies or ocular rosacea?
Thu, 23 Aug 2018
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response

Skin conditions are best diagnosed only after seeing directly. I suggest you to upload photographs of the same on this website, so that I can guide you scientifically. Please revert back to me with images so that I can guide you better.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.