Is hyperthyroidism difficult to diagnose?

can hyperthyroidism be difficult to diagnose? I have many many thyroid nodules, and consistant low THS .17 but t3 is usually ok and most recently my t4 was only .9 this is a week following an episode of tachycardia that lasted hours. I have had fertility issues, crazy red itchy eyes, anxiety, tachycardia, nervousness and bouts of diarrhea that don t seem to have a cause. Because My recent testing is only borderline for T4 my doctor feels the tachycardia was not related to the thyroid. but could not t4 have been even lower when the tachycardia happeended. the test was a week later.
Mon, 25 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

If you have multiple thyroid nodules do USG thyroid, if any abnormalities present then they will advice you a FNAC test. Sometimes thyroid test doesn't show any significant changes but the thyroid related symptoms may present. We call it as subclinical hyperthyroidism. Do the above mentioned tests and follow up with reports or you can also visit a surgeon or a general physician.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.