Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Is high heartbeat rate a matter of concern ?

heart my heart rate has been between 91 and 115 for almost 2 days now is that dangerous? also i was doing a lot of work around the house yesterday only drank 1 bottle of water could dehydration cause this? im also freezing a lot could this be anemia? so scared please help
Asked On : Mon, 6 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  101
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Normally the heart rate of an adult human is 80 Beats/Minute in restful condition. It rises proportionately with physical exercise, dehydration, temperature, nervousness, anxiety, sympathetic stimulation etc..
As you said, you are working hard with not enough intake of water for the last one day, most likely you have become dehydrated next day and your body normal physiological mechanism came in to action to maintain homoeostasis by raising your heart rate.
Anaemia & Anxiety can also lead to rise in heart rate, but the last two condition have a history of longer duration, not of two days only, as your case is.
What you can do is ---
[1] Take rest
[2] Ensure proper water intake
[3] Monitor your blood pressure
[4] Don't Panic
If the condition does not normalises after 1 or 2 days, take the help of nearby physician.

Thank You (Viewer rating for my reply is expected).....

Answered: Mon, 6 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor