Is high BP dangerous to baby during pregnancy?

hi, I will be 40 weeks pregnant in 2 days, and my blood pressure has been running kind of high. I was feeling bad today and checked it and it was 150 over 104 and pulse rate was 116. I went to the hospital and they sent me home, for the second time in a week. Of course when I got there and laid down, it got a little better. Anyway, the doctor said that this wouldnt hurt my baby to have this high of pressure, and that it would only be bad for me. And she also said that she really wouldnt be worried unless it went to 200 over 110 or 120, and she would only be worried for a stroke. My question is, should I believe her? She said I didnt have to be on bed rest and that what I did wouldnt really matter. Im only worried for my baby, and I obviously dont want to wait until im on the verge of a stroke to seek help. What do you think?
Mon, 5 Oct 2015
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Hi dear, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns. Increased blood pressure beyond140/90 mm of Hg in pregnancy is considered to be gestational hypertension or pre eclampsia.
Moreover, if you are beyond37 weeks with increased blood pressure readings, then you should deliver immediately, as increased blood pressure poses the risk of abruption if placenta, and sudden intrauterine death of the fetus.
Complications like stroke, liver bleeding, pulmonary edema, coma, kidney failure, seizures, and death can occur in the mother.
I would suggest you to consult an OBGYN specialist as soon as possible and get delivered early.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma