Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Is hepatitis B the serious case or what ?

hi !! dr.. am staying in thane.. my father is pateint of hepatitis B, can you suggest me Dr's name in thane . 2) q. this is the serious case or wht ? can you explain me ?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jun 2010
Answers:  5 Views:  448
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Thanks 4 ur reply..My dr. said 2 my father he having a Heptitise B+, this is the very first satge but, i want to just ask this very serious ? can we do the treatment on that ? how long is the tretment etc..pls. explain about the same one.
Answered: Wed, 23 Jun 2010
  Anonymous's Response
Hepatitis B stage 1 means that he has no symptoms. Most patients with hepatitis B will recover. All what he will need is to follow his doctor's advices. Treatment of hepatitis B is possible by the use of anti-viral drugs
Answered: Wed, 23 Jun 2010
  User's Response
I agreed sir, but recently my dad was hospitalised for tretment after the tretment dr. suggest for liver function test & HBV quantitative test. after getting the normal report dr. suggest no need to treatment. he said if we will check up again after 3 months then we will deside for treatment.
Answered: Mon, 28 Jun 2010
  Anonymous's Response
Ok, when he repeats the test we will see how is the Hepatitis B going

Click here to contact me
Answered: Mon, 28 Jun 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.If HEPATITIS B persists for more than 6 months then it is called as chronic hepatitis.Hepatitis B can get cured in acute stage only.Once it is chronic it can't be cured.But still the treatment has to be given since if we don't treat it,it may cause cirrhosis or HEPATOCELLULAR CARCINOMA.The idea of treatment is to keep the viral load suppressed and increase the longevity of patient.Treatment is ANTIVIRALS AND IMMUNOMODULATORS. Latest antivirals like TENOFOVIR AND ENTECAVIR are very good.Mind it this problem is serious and don't take it lightly.Good luck.
Answered: Thu, 20 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor