Is having intercourse safe after a triple bypass surgery?

Hub had triple by pass10/25. We had an active sex life before. He wanted me to give him oral today, less than2weeks after surgery! I humored him thinking it wouldn t work. It did but I stopped. I was afraid of hurtiing him. He insists it didn t hurt. Is it safe?
Mon, 5 Dec 2016
Thanks for posting in HCM.
I understand your concern.
After heart surgery (such as coronary bypass surgery), it is important to wait to resume physical activity (including sexual activity) until the breastbone is completely healed. This usually takes about 6 to 8 weeks. Following this, it is better to check with your doctor about when to resume sexual activity.
Once the clearance is obtained to resume sex, you need to consider sexual positions that do not put pressure on the sternum (chest).
Hope the information provided would be helpful.
All the best.