Is hair thinning and hair loss side effects of taking tarana medicine for irregular periods?

Hello doctor, I am 23 years old and unmarried and since I had an irregular periods problem and when i consulted a gynecologist i was suggested to take Tarana tabs for 6 months periods. now its 4 months after the treatment. I am experiencing hair thinning and hair loss to such an extent that i am so worried about it. Is it reversible.
Thu, 30 Jul 2020

It may be due to oral contraceptive pills. They may cause hair fall but it is temporary condition it is reversible with in two weeks of stopping of medication. It may be due to hypothyroidism or anemia etc. Please consult with your treating doctor he will examine and treat you with alternative medication.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu, Internal Medicine Specialist