• question-icon

Is hair loss due to combination of blood pressure medications?

Hi, I am taking four different blood pressure med and I would like to now one or more is causing my hair to come out here is the med names Losartan Potassium 100mg, Hydrochlorothiazide 25mg,Verapamil ER180mg,Hydralazine 25mg . I also was taking amlodipine Generic for Norvasac 10mg no longer taking because made my ankles swell and hair came out.I have one more clonidine not taking it now I just want to know which is causing hair lost and weight gain thank you so much
Mon, 9 May 2016
HI
Well come to HCM
I really appreciate your concern, anti-hypertensive medicines does not cause hair loss, if this is male patron baldness then it could be the cause only (In male person ) for the female it coudl be due to hormone changes and other systemic causes but not anti-hypertensive medicines hope this information helps.